Saturday, February 20, 2010

Distance and Time

I spent last weekend with Paul in SoCal. It was a welcome break from the cold weather, but unfortunately, I had a relapse of a cold that seems to have turned into something worse.

I had fun at Evan's first birthday party. It was nice to see all of Paul's friends, and I had fun playing with all the kids. My basketball skills (or lack thereof) were put to the test. Haha. I played a few rounds of Around the World with Paul, and played against Jay and Mark. I can still shoot and dribble, but it was clear why soccer became my main sport after 8th grade. Haha.

There just never seems to be enough time, especially when it's time spent with someone you love. It becomes more and more difficult to leave every time I visit. I have to say that Paul makes me like SoCal more and more when I visit him. I know. I can't believe I said I'm starting to like SoCal more. All my friends know that I was left with a very bad impression of SoCal, because I was only exposed to the pretentious and douchebag version of it.

Living so far away from Paul is difficult, but I take comfort in the fact that what we have is real. As I previously stated, it's difficult to explain it to other people. I've never felt this way for anyone, and it is a feeling and a familiarity that transcends lifetimes, distance, and time.

I don't think I could really ever put into words just how much I love Paul, but I do love him more each day, and I feel blessed to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment