I posted this on Facebook, but I thought I would share nonetheless.
My Body often disagrees with what my Ego and Vanity want to do. There's always a conflict of interest, but my Body knows that they're just doing what's best for her...most of the time. So this is what the conflict was about today, and how it was resolved. This is a conversation I had with myself, within myself. And no, I don't suffer from multiple personalities.
My Body: "Dude, you should take the day off and just be lazy. We're exhausted and tired. We need to rest. We need to sleep."
Ego and Vanity: "Whatever fatty! Get up and run. You've taken a long enough break. Should we remind you that your mile time really sucks right now? How do you go from a 7 minute mile to an 8:20? Get up and run! Sleeping is for suckas!"
So what was the end result? Ego and Vanity won over my aching Body. The bottom line is that I needed to quit my belly-aching, and just run. It gave me peace of mind and worked out some of the knots I had in my neck area. I ran a little over 2 miles today in order to be able to eat all the yummy food my family cooked for today.
Let the eating commence. Where are my eating pants??
No comments:
Post a Comment