Have any of you ever wondered if that person you were meant to be with is an ex?
What if that person was someone you dated briefly, but didn't take seriously?
What if that person was "The One" and all you have now is a missed opportunity? We all have that one person that we'll always remember and compare our future significant others to.
I am constantly in life review mode, and then think of whether or not I already had that person I was meant to be with, and I let him go.
There is only one person I will think of with regret, and that is Kenneth Delavin. I regret not recognizing what I had with him. I was only twenty-years old when I met him, and he was twenty-seven. He was ready to settle down, and I was, well, tweny and immature.
I did love him, but I didn't know what being in love meant at the time. He was really good to me. He treated me with respect, kindness, and had everything that I am looking for in a man. He loved me, but I was scared of my feelings for him. I broke up with him for no good reason, just for the mere fact that I had very strong feelings for him, and I didn't know what to do with them. I can plead ignorance due to my age at the time. What did I know about love? I was young, selfish, and immature.
So Kenneth Delavin will always be the one person and relationship that I look back on. He was perhaps the only man in my life that treated me well. I will always think of what might have been with him, had we met now, at this point in my life. I guess I'll never know. In any case, I hope that he's happy and doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment