Monday, May 30, 2011

Blog Blog Blog

Children are interesting little creatures. I think what I enjoy most about working with the preschool age group is watching how excited they get over new discoveries and learning. I enjoy watching and guiding them through the process of learning and exploring, and celebrating their developmental milestones. I can appreciate the uniqueness that each child brings into the classroom, because each child brings a different set of values that they learn from their families, communities, and culture. They also remind me of all the good times I had when I was their age. 

With that being said, I am happy to announce that I will be doing a teaching internship, and I'm excited not only to be working with some excellent staff members in the field of early childhood education, but a diverse group of children as well. High-fives all around.

I'll be working two jobs and going to school, so it will be a bit of a challenge, but I'm really happy with the direction that my life is going now.  It's also great to have such a wonderful and supportive boyfriend like Paul. Thanks for keeping me balanced and in check, boo.  I also want to thank Tita Tina and Glen for writing me letters of recommendation that nearly brought me to tears. Thanks for the love, y'all.

I am thankful for all the opportunities that are being presented to me and all the blessings being bestowed upon me.

Two years ago, I thought that I had everything I ever wanted in Voltaire and was ready to settle down. Looking back at it now, I can honestly say that it would've been the biggest mistake of my life. Dealing with the betrayal, denial and grief was difficult, but carrying Voltaire's burden and dealing with his dysfunctional family for a lifetime would've been hell. 

Hold on now. I'm not by any means justifying his actions, or Cynthia's lack of moral values, or what his friends did. I don't regret cutting any of those people out of my life. The fact that they didn't see anything wrong with what Voltaire and Cynthia did, made it very easy for me to make that decision. After all, it's a direct reflection of how they were raised, and their lack of social competence and values.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that at the time, I felt like my life was over, when it was truly, just beginning.  Life has an interesting way of working out. It just took that to make me realize that had I married Voltaire, I would've just settled for a partner and a life that was less than what I truly deserve. My relationship with Paul has allowed me to see that too. Paul makes me feel secure and loved. He makes me feel golden and lets me shine because he's not insecure.

This is such a random blog post, so I wasn't really sure what to title it. I just wanted to share and update. If you're single, go find yourself a man that will love you for everything that you are and let you shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment