That's pretty much how I feel my life is going right now. Seriously, where did the year go?
As another year comes to an end, I have to say that it's been nothing but good times for me this year. I've learned a lot about myself, mostly thanks to all the wonderful folks in my life, especially Paul. It's interesting to see myself from another person's perspective, especially Paul's. It's amazing what honesty can do for a relationship. If anything, I've learned how to deal with my strong personality because of HIS strong personality.
I'm thankful to have a job that I love and with three little girls who love me. I still can't believe how much Ava has grown! She is my little sidekick and Starbucks buddy. You should see this girl order at Starbucks. I've trained her well.
My relationship with Paul is progressing well. I love that I get to spend time with him almost every weekend, and that we truly enjoy each other's company. I like the foundation we're creating for our relationship. It's based on love, mutual respect, compromise, honesty, and integrity. Oh, we can't forget the most important components of our foundation: unbelievable athletic ability and we're gosh darn funnier than H-E-double hockey sticks. Seriously, no lack of self-esteem or confidence in this relationship.
We did Warrior Dash with my crazy delicious friends from boxing, as well as Art and his brother Allidrus last weekend. We decided that Paul is now in charge of our departure time for anything, and making sure I don't find ways to distract myself. I made sure to eat the breakfast of champions by having some cookies and a slice of pizza. What can I say? My imaginary hyperthyroid worm wants what it wants.
We went for a hike in Pacifica the day after Warrior Dash. As if a few bruises and sore muscles were going to stop us from enjoying a nice, warm sunny day in the Bay. Made me wish I had Notorious D.O.G. with us to enjoy the beach with the other doggies.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming year. I will be applying to an M.A. program for next Fall. I'm excited. It's been a long time coming, but as my Mom says, everything happens on its own time.
I need to get more serious about my training again though. I will have some 5ks and 10ks coming up, but I've been lagging on my running. I'm also going to start playing indoor soccer, so this should be an interesting transition from outdoor soccer.
So nothing but good things to come, and I wish the very same for all my family, friends, and animals. Hah.
No comments:
Post a Comment