Thursday, November 11, 2010

Random Ramblings

:::Today is Veteran's Day. Respect, love, and gratitude to our Beteranos. I still believe in FULL EQUITY for our manongs and manangs. The $15k that the government is trying to give them does not make-up for the injustices and indignity that they've suffered all these years. Nothing but FULL EQUITY for Filipino WWII Veterans!

:::I love this time of year! The leaves are turning red and orange, and I looooove the cold weather. Good thing I have a big, strong, and devastatingly handsome man to cuddle up with. If only we had a couch...hehe.

If not, we could always hit the mitts to keep warm. I'm so glad that I have a manly man. Someone who is a real fighter. Haha. I'm just saying, the fact that Paul is a fighter is so attractive to me. I can appreciate that quality about Paul, because my ex couldn't throw a punch even if his life depended on it. He was better at running away. Obviously. What a wuss. Hehe.

One of the many reasons I love Paul.

:::I'll be spending Christmas with Paul this year. We're driving down to SoCal with Notorious D.O.G. in tow. I like visiting SoCal with Paul, just because his family and friends have been nothing but wonderful towards me.

Such a huge difference from Voltaire's dysfunctional and miserable family. I REALLY dodged a bullet there, thanks to Cynthia "Chin" Antonio's whore-ish behavior and lack of morals. The only thing Voltaire's family ever gave me was a three inch gash across my cheek when his sister and mom physically assaulted me. Divine intervention works in mysterious ways, and I'm glad that however hurtful the turn of events were, that they happened the way they did. It made me stronger and made my skin a little bit thicker. More importantly, it got rid of all the negative and toxic people in my life.

:::My family used to get together for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year, but ever since my Mama Osang passed away two years ago, it just hasn't been the same. The holidays always remind me of her. I miss going to my Auntie Susan's house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I miss pulling up to the house, and being greeted by that familiar light in the kitchen. It was always the most noticeable feature of the house. It would greet you as you pulled up to the driveway on that cozy culdesac on Ceres Circle, as if to say, "It's been a while since you've been home. Welcome back."

As we walked through the front door, we were almost always greeted by my Mom or Tita Baby, and you could hear Auntie Susan bustling around in the kitchen. I'm one of those people who's really sensitive to smells (and I'm also vegetarian), so although I didn't quite enjoy the smell of turkey and how it stuck to my clothing, it was still one of the smells I associated with home.

I miss walking down the hallway to my Mama Osang's room, where she would have CNN blasting on her T.V. I miss making mano (a Filipino custom of showing respect to your elders by taking their right hand, and touching the top part of it to your forehead)and smelling the scent of Ivory soap on her hand. I really miss my lola.


My last Thanksgiving with my Mama Osang (she's the one wearing pink), pictured here with my Inay Toneng.

:::I am doing well so far, mid-semester. I just need to survive until finals. This is why I'm a Starbucks Gold Card Member.


No comments:

Post a Comment