...not always. At least weather wise. I was really looking forward to some warm weather while I was visiting SoCal. Unfortunately, Old Man Winter decided to tag along and bring some rain and cold weather.
Nevertheless, I had a good time hanging out with Paul and his friends. It was great to meet all of them, and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of them better. I hope that they enjoyed eating the food I cooked for them as much as I loved preparing it for them.
I also got to spend some time visiting with Inay Toneng and my family in Long Beach. I swear the kids get bigger every year. I was glad that Paul had an opportunity to meet them, especially my aunties and Inay Toneng.
The kitchen seemed to be a common theme that weekend. Paul had expressed that he didn't want me to cook as much so that I could hang out with all his friends. I had to explain to him, that in my family, the way that we show people we care and appreciate them is through food, by cooking and feeding folks. I think he understood the concept more when he and I were visiting my family in Long Beach. The kitchen is the heart of the home. It was great to see all my aunties and even my uncles helping each other cook and prepare the family meal. They were having such a great time catching up.
Cooking always brings back warm and fuzzy memories from my childhood. I hope to continue that tradition with my own family someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment