Well, it's happening again. I believe that my favorite pair of running shoes are ready to go to Sneaker Heaven soon, where all my previous pair of Nikes have gone.
Although there is a new version of my fave pair of shoes out on the market, I'm partial to the older design. They're simple, subtle, and classic. They don't have a lot of flair to them, but they are the most comfortable and durable pair of running shoes. I've tried other brands, but I always go back to my favorite pair of Nikes.
I'm not really the type of person that develops attachment to material things, but there's a personal attachment to this particular pair of Nikes. They've seen me through some rough times in my life this year. They gave me the motivation to start moving on. They make me feel empowered everytime I put them on. They're helping me rediscover (good) aspects of myself that I lost along the way, during the last few years of my relationship with Voltaire. Running is my therapy.
I feel incomplete without them. They provide me with the comfort I need for my daily ritual of solitude. They literally go the distance with me, and don't judge me if I only have enough time to run a few miles. They're always there to support me in my efforts to challenge myself.
Now, if only I could find a man that's just as dependable and secure. I'd be set if Nike started marketing those.
No comments:
Post a Comment