Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Romantic, but not hopeless.

So I was recently asked the question if I still believe in love?

Of course I do. No doubt about it. Love is what keeps me motivated and hopeful. I am energized by my family, friends, and communities who love me.

I still believe that I will fall in love again. I'm not in any rush, and I don't have any plans to start looking for love. I believe that love will find me when I'm ready...when the time is right.

For now, I am learning to love myself again, but not in a selfish kind of way. I'm just enjoying learning about myself again, important aspects of my being that I lost in my relationship with Voltaire.

You see, I spent eight years of my life investing true and genuine love in someone who I thought was worthy of it. Putting the pieces back together takes a lot of healing, especially when more than just your heart was broken. It takes a toll on your soul and your spirit too.

But I remain a romantic at heart. I don't think anything will ever change that. But I'm not hopeless when it comes to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment