So I think I'm one of the last people on earth (at least from my generation) to own a library card.
I love going to the library and borrowing books. There's something about being able to walk into a building full of books, and that old book smell. Haha. Only other bookworms like me will understand the old book smell.
For kids, it's a great way to introduce them to love reading! When I was working as a nanny, I would take the girls to the library to borrow books and attend story time. It's a good way to asses if a child likes the book before purchasing it at the store. A good way to save money. Also, it was really neat for the girls to have their very own library cards. How cool is that?
The libraries in Sacramento also have a little room where you can buy used books or videos. Yes, I said videos. It's a cool reward treat for the little ones when you're potty training them or for good behavior in general. The books range from .25 cents to $ 3.00. Not bad, huh?
I'm going to the library tomorrow to borrow some books by Cesar Millan, the Dog Whispherer. Much thanks to Aleks for recommending the books. I am looking forward to using Cesar's methods on Charlie. Yeah, this mama needs a little help with her puppy. The training classes are going well, but I think I also need to look at other perspectives. After all, I do want her to be a well rounded puppy.
No comments:
Post a Comment