Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Another sleepless night. I understand why, but I just need to figure out how to deal.

I woke up at 6am to take my silly dog for a walk. It's refreshing to wake up that early and have the world to myself, even if it is only for a moment. No cars, no people.

The air speaks to me as she runs her fingers through my hair, almost as if she's trying to comfort me. The sun was shining on my face, giving me a warm kiss on my cheek to say that everything will be alright, celebrate a brand new day, there are always new tomorrows in store for you.

I walked for what seemed like a day, with only my silly dog and my thoughts to keep me company. I thought about how my tomorrows were suppossed to be different, and I wasn't suppossed to be alone. Could I have done anything to change the situation, or was it a lost cause that couldn't be saved? I thought about promises made, and promises broken. Kisses aren't contracts, and that the only thing that is constant is change. People do change, even if they swear to love you forever.

I remember reading that maturity is the art of living in peace with that which we can not change, the courage to change that which should be changed, no matter what it takes, and the wisdom to know the difference. No one else can do it for me. I have to do this on my own.

I have a long journey ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment