Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Taking Inventory

Another school year is ending, and I'm sad to only have a month left of teaching at the center. It's been a struggle to juggle two jobs and two advanced administrative courses.

This school year is different in the sense that Paul has made the decision to move back to SoCal, and so we won't have the luxury of seeing each other every weekend. Sacrifices have to be made for a little bit until the end of the year.  We have made some plans for our immediate future, but we're going to keep that under wraps for now. Secret. I love my boo. Thank you for making me laugh. It really is the best medicine and you make me happy.

It's been a while since I've blogged, but don't fret. It's only because I've been busy and having too much fun. I'll probably be posting more about running in the next couple of months. I got into the Nike Women's Marathon this year, but I decided to do the half based on the advice of some of my friends and cousin Jen, who have participated in the NWM. I'm looking forward to it. I'll also be doing a few other 5ks and 10ks along the way.  I'm still competitive with myself, but I dedcided to try a different approach with my training. I used to be so obsessed with my time, PR and pace. I still am to some degree, but not to the point where I'm discouraging myself and being too hard on myself.  I'm just taking it easy, and approaching each run as a unique and fun experience.  I run for different reasons everyday, mostly just to center myself and to destress.  I run to be happy. It's also my way of kicking Graves Disease to the curb. I am thankful for my health every day.

A shout out to my rolldawg Hella Glen. Laugh, pare, laugh. Take it from me. Laugh that ish off. Don't worry so much about bustas that ick your wow. Much love to ya, my brother-from-another-mother.

Everything is how it needs to be right now. 
I'm going to sign off for now. This is my feeble attempt to sleep early.

Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment