Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's not a New Year's Resolution...it's a New Year's Revolution.

Like many others, I always had a New Year's resolution. I would stick to to it for maybe about half the year, then I would get really busy and kinda put it on the back burner.

Looking back at this past year, I really don't have any issues or problems left unresolved. I welcomed all the changes that came my way, and that meant ending my relationships with some people I felt were hurtful to my over-all well-being and soul. Some people just change for the worse, and sometimes you just have to go with your instinct about people and take a different path. I'm just not down with people who put too much of an emphasis on being materialistic and superficial. I just can't stand people who can't keep it real. I just find it draining to deal with people who are in constant need of validation. New clothes are nice and temporary, but it's your self-esteem and self-confidence that make you shine (thank goodness I have plenty of both). Bottom line, I'm just getting too darn old to deal with people like that.

I feel a lot of changes coming my way, most of which have to do with my future with Paul. We had a nice long talk during our drive back up from SoCal, and my change of address in the near future is becoming more and more of a reality.

With that said, I have no resolutions because I have no regrets. This New Year will be a revolution of sorts for me. I will continue to strive for enlightenment and personal growth. After all, the only thing that is constant is change. I think I'll just keep going with the flow of this new path I have chosen, and be thankful for all the blessings along the way.

Happy New Year everyone!

I could really get used to seeing this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment