Monday, July 4, 2011

Road Trip to Oregon

Paul and I just got back from a road trip to Oregon. A big thanks to the Suttis for hosting us! We had a blast. It was a long drive, but I had fun with Paul. We didn't bring the doggies this time around, but I'm glad we were able to spend more quality time with each other. It was a much needed break for both of us.

I have to admit, Paul has brought back my love for traveling, and I hope to do more of it with him whether it be stateside or international. I had a blast walking around Portland and discovering a new place with him. We started out with a yummy breakfast at Sugar Mama's Cafe. The breakfast burritos were bomb and the two older women running the place were just sweet as can be. We loved the mom and pop feel of this place.

Downtown Portland was awesome, and we'll definitely have to try more of the food stalls next time we visit. I could have stayed at Powell's City of Books all day, but we had to stick to our schedule. We also went to Niketown in Portland, but I have to say that the one in San Francisco is much bigger and has more swag.

We also went for a walk through The Grotto, and checked out the awesome view of The Gorge, as well as Latourell Falls and Multnomah Falls. 

Thanks again to the Suttis for a great time! We hope to see you guys soon!


Breakfast at Sugar Mama's.

Food Carts in Downtown Portland

At The Grotto


The Pieta inside the Meditation Room at The Grotto

He's not used to smiling for pictures. It ruins his street cred. Hah.

Latourell Falls


Multnomah Falls

With Evan at the Portland Zoo

I made a new friend at the Portland Zoo

The Gorge

No comments:

Post a Comment