Thursday, May 27, 2010

Keeping My Promises

Almost a year ago, I made some promises to myself. I think I've done an exceptional job of keeping those promises, and in some cases, exceeding my own expectations.

However, I am only human after all, and it's easy to get side-tracked by everything that life throws at me. So as a reminder to myself, I am renewing my promises to myself.

I promise to love myself unconditionally and not base my happiness on the other people in my life.

I promise to remove and distance myself from people and places that make me feel disempowered. I worked too damn hard to let anyone take my power from me.

I will continue to appreciate and celebrate everything that is unique about me. Yes, I am special, and those close to me know just how special...

I will remind myself that I am a Phenomenal Womyn, and continue to draw my strength, courage, and wisdom from the womyn in my family, my circle of friends, and my community.

I will continue to be thankful for my wonderful family, friends, and community.

I will nurture myself and keep myself healthy. RunTheaRun.

I will never prioritize the happiness and needs of others before my own.

I will continue my pursuit of real and unconditional love.

I know that this might seem a little selfish, but I don't think there's anything wrong with taking care of myself in the ways that I see fit. I'm always down for folks, but I just need to make sure I keep myself in check. I have to keep myself on my toes so that I don't take myself for granted, where I'm taking care of everyone else but me. I worked too damn hard to lose sight of my individuality once more. I need to put myself on a BIG time out every now and then to make sure that everything is healthy and balanced in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment