Wow. It's been a minute since I last blogged. The weather outside reminds me of being up north. I miss fall and the rain. I'm thankful for whatever little pockets of fall weather I get to experience down here.
Everything is going well down here in SoCal. I left my teaching job in Huntington Beach. It turned out to be more corporate minded than non-profit. There was no sense of community. The families and the children were great, but the administration could have been better. A WHOLE LOT BETTER. I just didn't want to work in an environment where the employees hated coming to work and were just trying to get through the day. The quality of the program is suffering because of the lack of direction and leadership from the administration. The children deserve better.
I have a great new teaching job that I'm starting tomorrow. It's a happy place where the teachers are excited to come to work every day. The children are great too. It's more like Sutterville Preschool and it's more community oriented.
I also ran the half marathon in San Francisco last weekend. I've been trying for three years to get into the NWM and I finally did! I also got my uber cool Tiffany's necklace. Much love and thanks go out to Paul for driving me up and down the coast. You know your man loves you when he's willing to do a crazy 24 hour commute just to support your love of running and because he knows you're homesick and need to see your Moms.
Happy Happy Happy Birthday to one of my oldest and dearest besties, Larrah Feliciano! I miss you.
My next update probably won't be until Turkey Day when I go home. I'll have all three dogs with me, so we'll see how that goes.
Peace.
My roll doggs on the long and boring drive to NorCal on the 5.

I'm too short to reach my name on the wall.

I got my NWM finisher's shirt. Wheee.

The coveted prize.

Everything is going well down here in SoCal. I left my teaching job in Huntington Beach. It turned out to be more corporate minded than non-profit. There was no sense of community. The families and the children were great, but the administration could have been better. A WHOLE LOT BETTER. I just didn't want to work in an environment where the employees hated coming to work and were just trying to get through the day. The quality of the program is suffering because of the lack of direction and leadership from the administration. The children deserve better.
I have a great new teaching job that I'm starting tomorrow. It's a happy place where the teachers are excited to come to work every day. The children are great too. It's more like Sutterville Preschool and it's more community oriented.
I also ran the half marathon in San Francisco last weekend. I've been trying for three years to get into the NWM and I finally did! I also got my uber cool Tiffany's necklace. Much love and thanks go out to Paul for driving me up and down the coast. You know your man loves you when he's willing to do a crazy 24 hour commute just to support your love of running and because he knows you're homesick and need to see your Moms.
Happy Happy Happy Birthday to one of my oldest and dearest besties, Larrah Feliciano! I miss you.
My next update probably won't be until Turkey Day when I go home. I'll have all three dogs with me, so we'll see how that goes.
Peace.
My roll doggs on the long and boring drive to NorCal on the 5.

I'm too short to reach my name on the wall.

I got my NWM finisher's shirt. Wheee.

The coveted prize.

No comments:
Post a Comment