Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Almost One Year Anniversary to Me!

Hello, my name is Thea and I'm a recovering douchebagaholic. I've been douchebag free for a year now, and I can honestly say that I am the happiest I've ever been. I was a douchebagaholic for eight years, and almost made the biggest mistake of my life last year when I almost married Dr. Douchebag Howser, M.D. (M.D. for Moronic Dipshit).

I would like to commemorate my "Debut at 32" or how some of my friends like to call it, my "Un-Wedding" by celebrating everything that I've accomplished during this past year.

I am thankful for all the unconditional love and support from my wonderful family and great friends. I couldn't have made it this far without all of you giving me a kick swift in the ars when I needed it the most. Thank you for feeding my healthy dependency on Starbucks and cake. I'm not going to name folks (thanks Lars and Ambo), but you know who you are. I am also extremely grateful for Paul, who has taught me so much about real love and what it's like to be loved by a real man. I appreciate Paul's candidness and his ability to keep it real with me. I love the fact that he doesn't sugar coat anything for me.

I am thankful to all my professors for their sense of humor and for guiding me through the process of completing my second bachelors degree. You all know me so well and I'm glad that you can all appreciate my exceptional work ethic, sarcasm, and wit. At least, that's what you all told me. I'm almost done.

I am most thankful to myself, for being able to overcome such a difficult situation, and use it to bring the best out of me. I want to thank myself for having the courage to move on, and be able to channel all my energy into positive outcomes. I've had such a wonderful time getting to know myself again.

As I celebrate my one year of sobriety from douchebagolism, I hope that folks out there continue to join me on my journey. It can only get better from here.

Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat. Peace. Love. Blessings.

--Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment