So I haven't been on a date in about 8 years. I started dating a guy for about a minute, then I was just too much womyn for the guy. No worries. It was a good way to get my feet wet in the dating pool.
Feedback from friends included these specific requirements of what the ideal man for me should be:
1. There was a general consensus that I need a man who is already actively involved in serving the community, is conscious of API history and issues, and is just as genuinely passionate about it as I am. Good call everyone. You're all right on this one, I shouldn't have to mentor/babysit/hold someone's hand in this very important aspect of my life.
2. I am so stubborn. Even that is an understatement. I am also very headstrong. I have a lot of character. I AM a character. I am sarcastic and enjoy exchanging witty banter with my friends. Seriously, I crack myself up. It takes a real man to deal with these characteristics and qualities. Wussies need not apply.
3. I am REALLY smart (except I kinda suck at math. We're not going there. Maybe I have dyscalcula...). I'm articulate. I can spell. Ha. I'm really not going to dumb myself down for you, so if you're looking for that, go elsewhere.
4. I am extremely competitive and goal oriented. I think that's why I'm getting all straight A's right now and getting my second bachelor's degree.
5. I'm athletic and I love to play sports. Being physically fit isn't about just "preserving my sexy," it's just a way of life for me. Some guys can get really intimidated by that. I don't get it. You expect us to be ultra feminine but have a tomboy side, but when you see our actual athletic abilities and the possibility that we can back up what we say with real skills, you freak out.
6. I can be ultra-feminine too. I have lots of pretty dresses. Just because I own a Nike wardrobe doesn't mean that I don't have nice clothes. Haha. I clean up well.
7. I love my cat and dog. There is no either or for me. I love animals.
8. I have tattoos. Deal with it. They are very personal to me, hence that's why they are hidden from everyone else. I didn't get them so that you can find me sexy. I got them for myself, and no one else. Each of them are significant to me and tell a story. Yes, my friend Aleks is my tattoo artist. He's HOT and a nice guy to boot. If you're going to feel insecure about that, please don't waste my time.
9. Did I mention that I'm confident? I know my worth both as a womyn and a human being. I try to do right by others and be a good person.
10. Don't pretend to be interested in something just because I am. I can sniff out the fakers and pretentious people. Keep it real, fellas.
11. Kevin thinks I need to date a veterinarian or a fireman. Some folks think I still need to stay on my no-doctor diet. Haha.
12. I run, therefore I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment